I've always known that I wasn't your average type of girl, even as a kid I loved brussels sprouts. They reminded me of baby cabbage and cabbage was another one of my favorite vegetables. Yep, a weird kid indeed.
But now that I've seasoned in age, the sprouts have to up the ante in flavor too.
In a prior post I gave you my basic balsamic glazed brussels sprouts recipe, (revisit here) and seeing that it's Monday, I'd love to give you meatless Monday heads 2 more easy and sexy recipes to sink your chops into.
And yes, that's Snoop and Biggie on my shirt. I was blasting a few ol' skool hip tunes while cooking today. Ya'll know how I gets down in the kitch!
Get the recipes below.
Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts can be eaten alone in a bowl or if you're feeling fancy, sprinkle with dried cranberries and cashews. Yum!
CHILI AVOCADO BALSAMIC GLAZED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 1 avocado
- Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 1 shallot bulb (chopped)
- 1/2 orange
- red pepper chili flakes
- Prepare brussels spouts and set aside.
- Slice avocado in half, remove pit and scoop. Chop avocado into 1 inch cubes.
- Chop mushroom into 1 inch cubes
- Medium dice shallot
- Combine sprouts, avocado, mushrooms and shallots into a bowl and toss.
- Sprinkle red pepper chili flakes over top. (Bring on the heat, it's totally up to you.)
- Squeeze the juice of the orange over the top.
And aoila! You've got your self a filling meal minus the meat, baby. Dig in!
BALSAMIC BRUSSELS SPROUTS SPINACH SALAD
- Balsamic glazed brussels sprouts (leave some of the hot balsamic glaze to sprinkle over salad)
- 1 avocado
8 ounces baby spinach, washed, dried and stems removed
1 Roma tomato
1 Small onion
Lemon pepper seasoning
- Prepare balsamic brussels sprouts (don't forget to save some of the hot glaze)
- Slice, pit and chop avocado into 1 inch cubes
- Medium dice tomato
- Rough chop on onion
- Add all the ingredients above with the spinach and toss.
- Sprinkle with lemon peer seasoning (more zing-go for it)
- Drizzle with the remainder of the hot balsamic glaze.
- Plate it sexxi and serve it up, hunni.